The Altoona Area Public Library is pleased to offer Computer Basics classes for beginner computer users.
Computer Basics classes meet once a week for four weeks in a row. Space is limited and registration is required. There is a cost of $10.00 due at time of registration. Call 946-0417 x129 for more information or to register for an upcoming class.
Computer Basics Level I:
· Week 1: Introduction to Windows 10, files, folders, and the start menu
· Week 2: Basic word processing with Microsoft Word
· Week 3: Surfing the web and using search engines
· Week 4: Email Basics
Computer Basics Level II:
· Week 1: File storage - how to save files using USB flash drives and the “cloud”
· Week 2: Internet safety tips
· Week 3: Social Media 101
· Week 4: iPad Basics
If you would like to improve your mouse and typing skills, check out these practice websites: